What the Sigma 38 Class Association does for Members?
The simple answer is ensuring the future of the Sigma 38 One Design already a classic British yacht but in more detail the association -
- Regulates Sigma 38 One Design racing
- Works with Yacht and Sailing Clubs to run One Design Regattas
- Represents the views and opinions of members to the RYA, RORC, JOG, SRCA and other yacht racing clubs to progress Sigma 38 racing.
- Promotes the class to a wide range of media
- Provides and runs a website and Facebook page that keeps all members informed and updated of the class activities
- Provide race results accessible to all members
- Identify and sustains suitable sponsors for Sigma 38 Events, in particular the Nationals where we try to reduce costs for competitors.
- Maintains a robust financial accounting system
- Maintains a database of all boats and members and provide access to members
- Maintains archives and records for the future
- Maintains and awards trophies annually
- Provides technical information regarding the maintenance of the Sigma 38
- Provides optimisation information to sail and race a Sigma 38
- Sources and awards approximately £1000 worth of prizes each year
- Provides a forum for members’ use
- Provides a crew available/wanted forum
- Provides a boat and equipment for sale forum
- Organises an Annual General Meeting
- Organises a number of get together throughout the year and in particular the Annual Party and Prize Giving.
- Holds specific Sigma 38 training every year
- Sources and ensures supply of obsolete parts including masts, p-brackets, and winch bases ensuring Sigma 38 have a One Design future
Your membership fee is invested in training, communication (internal and external), specialised Sigma 38 parts and Class prizes. All social events are non profit making and all committee members provide their services on a volunteer basis.
As a member you are entitled to:
- Preferential treatment on crew available forums
- Free access to training events
- Access to contact details of all owners
- Special social events
- Discounts on training from Storm Force Coaching
- Discounts on Hudson Wight Performance Sailwear
- Opportunity to helm in Class events
Last updated 17:15 on 2 November 2015