Garmin Hamble Winter Series day 3 18 October

With 7 minutes to go to the Sigma 38/IRC 3 start the wind dropped from 5 knots to 2 knots, with nearly a knot of tide on the Hillhead plateau it was clear we would not be making it around the course and the starting sequence was postponed. Mercifully, racing for us was cancelled for the day an hour later as no expectation of a change in conditions until 1400. None of the black group fleets that started before the wind died managed to complete a race.